1. Hello everyone! Hope you’re all fine. It was our last weekend together before I fly to the Philippines, so Him Indoors and I spent the weekend in Das Kranzbach, our favourite wellness hotel at the foot of the Zugspitze. We packed our bags for hiking in the mountains and for relaxing by their pools. This upscale spa retreat set in a 1915 country house with an annex is 16 km from Partnach Gorge and 15 km from the Bavarian Zugspitze mountain railway. It took us a couple of hours to reach the place.
2. We had a warm welcome with 2 glasses of sparkling wine and waited in their garden with all their own herbs. Since our room was not ready yet, we had lunch there. It was delicious! Our room was in the Annex building with our own balcony and direct access to the pool area.
3. In the afternoon, we just relaxed in their heated pools and jacuzzi. They have 4 outdoor pools and one indoor, sauna, steam bath and treatment rooms. Refreshing!
4. Breakfast and dinner are included and served in the chic restaurant, which features a terrace with mountain views. We also had salad and soup for lunch and some cakes for tea. Wonderful!
5. In the morning, we walked to Elmauer Alm. It took us a couple of hours walking there. It was gorgeous! We took it easy, resting from time to time and drinking our water. The pub wasn’t open yet when we reached the top, but we didn’t mind. We rested and enjoyed the view and walked back to the hotel.
6. Sunday morning, we had a lovely breakfast and spent some time in the pools and jacuzzi before we packed our bags and headed home. It was a great weekend! Very grateful, indeed!
For: Ten Things of Thankful: 8/17/2018 , Skywatch Friday – 16 August 2018 , Six on Saturday 18-08-2018, ALL SEASONS – LET NATURE GO ITS COURSE, Visiting Gilroy Gardens With Kids Does Not Stink, Jo’s Monday walk : Ma Shipton’s Cave, Knaresborough, Tell Me Something Good #121